In a bid to curb the widespread of the Coronavirus disease at the airport, the Budapest’s International Airport “Ferenc Liszt” recently introduced new measures. This is coming after Hungary sets new quarantine and travel rules for countries eligible to enter Hungary.
The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) issued some guidance on how European aviation should operate in order to ensure the safety of passengers and airport workers. Budapest’s International Airport has adopted these recommendations to introduce its travel measures.
The new airport measure mandated passengers on board to wear face masks. While at the Budapest Liszt Ferenc Airport, you may choose to wear a face mask or not to. But, once you are on board, it is mandatory to wear face masks. There are also signs at the airport for passengers to keep some distance from one another. These measures are to help protect passengers and airport staff.
According to Budapest Airport website, other measures that apply are:
- Observing a physical distance of 1.5 meters between persons, where reasonably possible.
- Encouraging the wearing a face masks and frequent hand hygiene amongst passengers and staff.
- Communicating the most important virus-related information to passengers.
- Regular disinfectant cleaning, with special focus on surfaces frequently touched by passengers.
- Facilitating contactless airport administration.
- Continuous disinfecting of the ventilation system, ensuring an appropriate air supply.
- Ensuring the wearing of personal protective equipment for staff, installing Plexiglas screens wherever possible.
Passengers are advised to enter the airport without escorts. This is to reduce the number of people entering the airport and ensure that physical distancing is observed. Escorts may be allowed if the passenger is a minor or have difficulty with movement.
Earlier, Hungary opened its borders to the EU countries and some other countries outside the EU who have lower cases of the Coronavirus disease. Hungarians and foreigners coming to Hungary from the yellow zone will be quarantined until they test negative to two results. The yellow zone countries are: Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Djibouti, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.